For me, I have always been a little hesitant about them because it is a monthly commitment to make. I've researched many such as Birchbox and ipsy, but the only one I've found that has really appealed to me the most is GLOSSYBOX. They were avaliable to many other countries before America, and from what I saw, they seemed to have great samples from high end brands. I was excited when they finally launched here in early 2012. The only thing that was stopping me then was the price tag. It is $21/month, which is twice as much as the typical $10 subscriptions. So I just sort of waited...
Finally in November, during what I believe was Black Friday weekend, GLOSSYBOX had a promotion where their first box would be $12 instead. I decided to jump at the opportunity and sign up. My first box came in December, so this the second box into my subscription. This box was a special collaboration with Leandra of the popular fashion blog: The Man Repeller.
This time around I got 7 samples total. Two are full-size, three of which I consider deluxe samples, and two normal sized samples. I haven't tried every yet so I can't speak for everything yet, but I will provide some comments nevertheless.
- Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (0.1oz/2.8ml) - I have never tried their mascaras before so it will be interesting to see how this works for my sad sad lashes.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum (0.17oz/5ml) - I have the Umbrian Clay bar from Fresh, and I love that thing so I am very interested to see how good this is.
- Le Métier De Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution (0.10oz/3ml) - I've heard much about their makeup, but I haven't heard too much about their skincare. Hopefully, it's just as good.
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender (1 fl oz/30ml) - This is a great travel size, and I will test this out against all the other pre-styling products that I am using.
- Narcisco Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette (0.03 fl oz/1ml) - The smell...is not my cup of tea, unfortunately. I think I am more of a sweet smell kind of girl.
- OPI Liquid Sandy Nail Lacquer in "Can't Let Go" (0.5 fl oz/15ml) - The color is gorgeous. There's so much glitter! The texture is interesting, and you're not suppose to use a top coat so it leaves a look of sand. I'm excited to see how this performs.
- Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick in "Belle Etoile" (0.12oz/4g) - The texture is very smooth and it feels just like a balm. The color looks very intimidating in the tube but on my lips it looks more like a deep berry color.
The color is not so intimidating after all is it?! Perfect for those days where you want to give your lips a little oomph! I really enjoy the way this feels on my lips.
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this month's box. I think I will really get some good use out of most of the products.
Does anyone else have a GLOSSYBOX subscription? Let me know what you guys think of this box.