Let's start off with products that aren't recurring from my last yearly favorites.
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation - My favorite drugstore foundation to date. It's easy to apply (I use my fingers), has great coverage, and is fairly affordable. During my two week trip in China last month, this was my go-to foundation simply because it cut down my time to get ready in half. As much as I love brushes, using my fingers is still the quickest way, and because this covers most of my imperfections, I didn't have to spend so much time putting on concealer. It also lasts a good amount of time on my oily complexion.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - I have 5 of these in my collection. Does that speak enough about how much I love these? These are super long lasting, and I enjoy many of the colors that they have. I am one of those people who really never reapply my makeup during the day because I am too lazy for that. This is no different when it comes to lip products either. I just never remember. Therefore, I am all for lip products that last long and feel good on the lips. These are it! They stain my lips so I don't have to worry about reapplying, and they don't make my lips dry and flaky like many other long lasting lip products.
- Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer - The name says it all. This is a full coverage concealer, and does a great job at concealing those unwanted blemish spots. When I was in China, I had massive break outs that left a lot of scarring. This was the concealer I used to cover up those scars. I squirt out a little my fingers and dab it on all the spots. I find this method provides the best coverage, because it doesn't blend out the product as much.
- Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer - When I'm having a girl's night out, I need my makeup lasting all night long through all the dancing and good times. This has been the primer of choice for those nights as it really makes my makeup stay on. It also does a great job of smoothing out my skin in preparation for my foundation.
- OPI Nail Lacquer (Got the Blues for Red) - The ox blood shade has been all the rage this past fall/winter season, and I definitely fell for the color hard. I practically owned every piece of clothing possible in the oxblood shade, and it was one of my favorite colors to wear on the nails. 9 out of 10 times I did my nails in the past 3 months, it was this color. I just love how it looks.
- Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quads (02Q Stylish Smokes) - This quad is travel friendly. I find the colors easy to work with, and it has pretty much all the shades I would want for my daily makeup look. I particularly enjoy the matte brown shade, as I have found it to be the perfect outer corner color. Even when I use my Naked palette, I still use the matte brown from this quad There have been a few times that I traveled in the past year, where all I brought with me for eyeshadow was this palette. It's affordable, and an overall great product to have in any collection.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil (Sin) - I use this to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. It really brightens them up without being too much. I find highlighters on the white side tend to be too bright, and it just makes my eyes look a little weird. This is the perfect shade because it's a champagne color that blends nicely into the skin.
- Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl Mascara - Best mascara for short straight Asian lashes! Gives great length, and makes my sad lashes actually visible. It's one of the best sellers in Asia, and I can definitely speak for that.
And finally, the two favorites that are still going strong (I didn't include all of them because that may be making this post just too long)...
- Urban Decay Naked Palette - This will always have a place in my heart. Enough said. It's a great value. I would recommend this palette to anyone.
- NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder (#720 Sunny) - This bronzer is a cult favorite. It's cheap and it works for many people. The shade is matte and easy to work with. You don't really need to worry about putting too much on because the finish is very natural.
Do you share any favorites items with me? Let me know your favorite beauty items because I am always up for trying new products!